Winsome Wood Windsor Chair, Natural, Set of 2
|Average Customer Review: ( 150 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
63 of 64 found the following review helpful:
For the price, not bad - but not really comfortable Apr 24, 2010
By J. Robertson
I was looking for four basic chairs to accompany an older 40" round OAK drop leaf table in my kitchen. Prior to purchase, I knew these were "natural" rather than oak tone; while the mismatch *is* enough to notice, it isn't enough to bother me (and I couldn't find an oak tone set in the same price range with reasonable reviews and free shipping). Since I've never ordered furniture online, I opted to buy one pair of chairs first, with the intent of buying a second pair if I liked them. Bottom line: I'm not sure I'll buy the second pair.
- Chairs were delivered via FedEx and well packed. Box had no damage.
- Basically sit flat and feel sturdy. One chair's flat; the other might need a very slim pad on one leg to even it out.
- Great price. I've been looking for something like this in local stores - and it's nowhere to be found.
- Not particularly comfortable. I'm a 5'9" slender female; the seat size is "perfect" for me (thus, would perhaps be small for larger people), but the real problem is that the round of the back hits me just below the shoulder blades and the back is so straight it's not comfortable to lean against.
- One chair seat has some minor scrapes that must've occurred in the factory, given that the packing was so good; same chair also has small bit of blue paint smudged along one area on the rounded back. Since chairs will always wear, I wasn't bothered by this given the price.
- Chairs seem a little small in relation to the table I'm pairing them with.
- EDIT (4/30/10): Another minus worth mentioning is that, although, the product description on Amazon indicates the chairs support up to 300lbs, the label on the underside of the chair indicates only a 225lb capacity; that's a non-trivial difference.
42 of 43 found the following review helpful:
Sturdy chairs, nice grains of wood. May 12, 2007
By Reluctant Reviewer
We are very pleased with our new chairs. I visited about 5 "bricks & mortar" stores looking for two, simple replacement chairs for my kitchen. No luck at all. I was hesitant to order chairs online, but took a chance. They are really sturdy, with cross bars across the legs. The wood is very well finished, with really nice grains. They are lighter than natural oak, but still match my oak table.
19 of 20 found the following review helpful:
Agree these chairs are small Mar 15, 2011
By R. Yingling
I read the reviews that said these chairs were on the small side. We didn't think it would be a problem since we're not large people. We can deal with it. They're ok for our purposes, but I'm only 5'6" (below average for a man) and I think they're a bit small. I don't understand why the manufacturer is making them this small unless it's because they're depending on people buying them based on the picture. If you are an average size man or larger, you don't want these chairs. The one advantage they have I guess is they will fit in smaller spaces. They're about the size you might expect for a bistro chair, which is unusual for a Windsor.
10 of 11 found the following review helpful:
Ok for a short time. Apr 09, 2010
By A. Davidson
I ordered these chairs in October 2007. Within a year, my husband had to fix one (which did not last long) and just recently the other one fell apart. They were a good price, but I would of thought they would of lasted longer than 2 1/2 years.
7 of 7 found the following review helpful:
Love'em Dec 31, 2009
By C. Wilcox
I was a little bit hesitant to order furniture online but I am glad I did. The chairs are great! Very sturdy. Arrived in perfect condition. Fully assembled. And you can't beat that price. I am thinking about ordering another set.
See all 150 customer reviews on Amazon.com